A well developed vocabulary is critical to success in college and on the job. The ability to use precise and varied words helps you to understand better, communicate more, and make a positive impression on others. This compact, clearly organized book improves your vocabulary by teaching you 240 key words and many word forms derived from them. You will use these words in college, in daily life, and in your career. This book also gives you strategies for figuring out unknown words on your own, important when you meet technical words in your chosen field. Using this text, you are about to find out what an important advantage a better vocabulary can be.
With this book you will:
· Learn hundreds of words commonly used in college courses and in your career
· Learn to make effective use of the dictionary, context clues, and word parts (prefixes, roots, and suffixes) to learn new words on your own
· Remember key words through many systematic exercises and fascinating readings about your world
· Reinforce words visually through photographs that illustrate meaning ·
· Refer to easy-to-use guides for pronunciation, parts of speech, dictionary entries, and complex spelling rules for adding suffixes
· Gain confidence pronouncing key words by hearing them pronounced and used in context in downloadable MP3 files available at the Book Companion Website